Friday, November 16, 2007

Bummed


What I won't be seeing in person on Thanksgiving.

I'm unable to go to Chicago for Thanksgiving. I blame that mostly on the fact I have no seniority (then again, it's tough to get seniority among a copy desk that has 40-year veterans). Someone has to put out the paper and the veterans need their vacations.

There is a silver lining, though: I'm going to Jax (again) at the end of this month, so I won't have to go two months without seeing Jenn.

And at least I'll still be able to eat well: The Globe's fĂȘte for its Thanksgiving crew is supposedly legendary. And I'll probably head out to Brookline for dessert with Tom and Leslie. So I won't have to cry myself to sleep that night. Heh. Still, I would've loved to see Jenn's family for Thanksmas. (And Chicago is pretty cool, too.)

Next year?

No comments: